Alright... something totally awesome happened to me this last week. I GOT A CAR. Not just any car, but an adorable car! A blue 2006 Mini Cooper to be exact!
But of course, there is always a catch (or two).
I have never driven a manual car in my life. And this little car of mine is a stick shift! It's been rather humorous trying to learn how to drive this car, and stalling out frequently at the guard gate of the gated-community above my house (This happened 3 times, and the same guard was there every time, laughing away...).
Just as I was getting the hang of it (here comes the second catch) the clutch went out! I was so sad! Now my beautiful baby is the in shop having his clutch replaced.
When I do get my car back, I'm looking forward to getting it all registered with actual plates. I've been debating about getting a specialized license plate. For years I've wanted to get plates that say, "Joyride" because I think it's quite comical. Unfortunately, I looked on the DMV website, and that plate has already been taken.
If you have an idea for a plate for me, let me know!
And if you see me stalling on the side of the road within the next few weeks-DON'T let me know. Just pretend it never happened.
Ever.

What a nice Coop! :-) Congratulations on the new auto, Joy! It looks so cute and polished. And I think car owners wouldn’t mind you stalling on the side of the road. The sight of your cute Mini Cooper will definitely turn heads! [Kyle Schmidt]
ReplyDeleteThat is right, Kyle! This auto would surely captivate lots of people on the streets! Well, who can blame them? The adorable styling and the polished chrome are enough to make you look at it. Wait ‘til you see it roll on the streets. [Carson Wininger]
ReplyDelete