Friday, September 7, 2012

Only Something to Share

My dear friend Tiffany from Nashville came to visit yesterday.  We fell asleep after hours of girl talk.  When we woke up in the morning, we continued chatting and chatting about our lives and catching up. I love her.  

She had a beautiful influence on me in Nashville.  Tiffany shared some precious and wonderful experiences with me.  One particular insight she shared with me on my mission was about the Book of Mormon.  She said, "We don't have anything to prove, we just have something to share."  I have thought of this phrase often on my mission, but even more often now that I have been home. 

I realized it has relevance to everything!!

With church, I cannot prove my talents, abilities, love, or friendship to others.  I can only share those things.  The same applies with dating, school, making new friends, working at a job... like I said: everything. 

It's been helping me a lot.  I feel less pressure to be a "cookie-cutter" returned missionary and have confidence to be me--Joy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment